Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sunday Morning Mountain Gospel Music 199

Standing Room Only, sung by Loretta Lynn




Standing room only, not even room to kneel and pray
Standing room only on the Judgement Day
Last night I had an awful dream that the end of time had come
The trumpet had been sounded and life on earth has done

An angel stood, one foot on land the other foot on sea
And as I tried to kneel and pray a voice said unto me
There's standing room only, it's too late now to pray
There's standing room only, this is the Judgement Day.

People filled each church and churchyard
Just as far as I could see
I heard the pitiful cry for mercy and then I realized it was me
I saw the Saviour did appear as he split the eastern sky
I saw tears of joy on a Christian's face and I heard the sinners cry.

And as I tried to touch his hand with one last people plea
I cried again have mercy, have mercy Lord on me
I saw a tear come to his eye as he turned my soul away
I didn't know him yesterday and he knew me not today.

The earth was burning all around
The world wound up in smoke
And as the flames came off me
Thank God I awoke.

Then I got out of bed, and got down on my knees
And you should've heard me pray
For in my dream I witnessed God's Great Judgement Day
Standing room only, for God's Great Judgement Day.........

No comments :

Post a Comment